Learn to dive today
MK Scuba School offers PADI training from Discover Scuba dives all the way to the professional Dive Master rating:
Discover Scuba Diving - £35
If you want to find out, but aren't quite ready to sign up to a full course then Discover Scuba Diving is for you.
You will experience what it is like to breathe underwater in the controlled and safe environment of a swimming pool. Whilst not a scuba diving certification, Discover Scuba Diving will allow you to see whether scuba diving is an activity you will enjoy and would like to continue.
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Be medically fit to dive
(Click on PDF for medical form)
- Up to 1 hour in the water
- All equpiment needed
- Full instruction from a PADI instructor
Open Water Diver
Take the plunge with our PADI Open Water course. With courses starting at dates to suit you, and a flexible learning approach there has never been a better time to learn. Scuba diving in Milton Keynes has never been easier!
The Open Water course is comprised of three sections: Knowledge Development, Confined Water Dives and Open Water Dives.
Your knowledge development consists of 5 modules covering the theory behind scuba diving, which will be completed at home. Once finished, we will have classroom sessions at our Club Room to review your study and complete the quizzes and exam.
There are 5 confined water dives to undertake, where you learn everything from how to set up your kit, to how to easily clear water from your mask, to neutral buoyancy.
Once your theory work and pool dives are finished, we will move on to your 4 open water dives, where you get the chance to put the skills you've learnt in to practice!
Once you completed you will be awarded your Open Water certification!
- Be at least ten years old
- Medically fit to dive (click here for the form)
Some restrictions apply for students under the age of 15 - please contact us for more information.
- Open Water course starts from £400 per person
- Your training will be under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional
- All the scuba equipment you will need is included
- Once qualified, you will be able to dive to 18 metres.
- We also offer the Open Water Referral; where you complete the theory and confined water sessions at home, and the open water part of the course abroad. Please contact us for more information.
After your PADI Open Water course there are many options to expand your diving experience. You could join one of our regular dive trips or sign up for your PADI Advanced Open Water or a PADI Speciality.
The PADI Advanced Open Water course gives you more diving experience and builds on the skills you have already learnt, including how to dive safely to 30 metres, and expand on your navigation skills.
If you have the desire to explore other interests underwater such as Photography, Wreck Diving, Dry Suit, Deep Diving or Search and Recovery we have the specialty to suit you. The course will teach you the correct techniques and procedures to do them safely and each speciality course will earn you a PADI Speciality Diver Certification card.
Your next step could be to complete your PADI Rescue Diver. Requiring a minimum of 20 dives, you must be comfortable in the water and ready to take on the next step and looking after others.
Divers with five or more Speciailties who complete their Rescue Diver course can be come Master Scuba Divers. The Master Scuba Diver qualification is the highest form of recognition a recreational diver can achieve.
- Be at least ten years old (some restrictions apply)
- Medically fit to dive (click pdf to download form)
- All courses are priced seperately
- All courses include full equipment to complete the course
- Some courses have a minimum dive requirements and age restrictions.